The Office of the Merit Protection Commissioner undertakes the recruitment and selection process.
- applies Commissioner's standards on good practice selection processes
- understands and signs declarations of member impartiality
- has APS recruitment expertise and credibility.
This means, the applicant can be confident:
- about the process and outcome
- that merit has been applied.
The Merit Protection Commissioner establishes the Committee. If the agency accepts the recommendations, there is no right to review of a promotion decision.
If the agency does not accept a recommendation or departs from it, any subsequent promotions are open to review.