What is a collection notice?
The Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 requires ‘entities’ (including agencies) to inform you how your personal information will be collected and used, and the circumstances in which it will be disclosed. The Merit Protection Commissioner has issued 7 collection notices:
- Employees who are seeking review
- Employees involved in a promotion review
- Candidates being assessed by an Independent Selection Advisory Committee
- Employees who are subject to a Code of Conduct inquiry conducted by the Merit Protection Commissioner
- Witnesses to a Code of Conduct inquiry
- Employees sitting as members of a Promotion Review Committee
- Employees sitting as members of an Independent Selection Advisory Committees
Where can I get more information on privacy matters?
If you wish to contact the Merit Protection Commissioner about a privacy-related matter, please contact the MPC Privacy Officer (email@example.com or 02 8239 5330).
Further information on the Privacy Act is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.