Am I eligible to apply for a promotion review?
You can apply for a promotion review if:
- you were promoted to an APS 1–6 level (or equivalent classifications) job
- more than one person is being promoted in relation to the same job vacancy in the same location(s) you applied for
- the promotion does not result from an independent selection advisory committee's recommendation
- the promotion does not result from a promotion review committee decision
- you are concerned that another applicant may apply for review of your promotion.
If you have won a promotion and lodge an application for promotion review against other successful applicants but no review application is received from an unsuccessful applicant the review will lapse automatically. Your promotion then proceeds.
Note: the only ground for review is 'merit' so you need to be able to demonstrate you have strong claims to the promotion.