An APS employee can apply for review if they are an ongoing or non-ongoing employee. SES employees are not eligible to seek review.
An APS employee can apply for review of an ‘APS action’. An APS action is a decision made, action taken or process followed that relates to the APS employee’s employment. It can also include a refusal or failure to act.
An APS employee cannot apply for review of an action that affected a colleague or if they have no direct personal interest in the action. An APS employee similarly cannot apply for review of an action related to their experience as a client of an APS agency.
Some common general employment matters concern:
- leave applications, including flex leave
- access to training
- allowances and reimbursements
- performance management, including underperformance
- employee health and absence management
- complaints about bullying and harassment.
You can also seek review of: